Thursday 2 November 2017

hark the herald angels sing

Hello there. I have found some time for a quick post. Once again this was inspired by the LIM challenge. The technique I learnt at Pauline Butcher's workshop this weekend.


For this to work it is important to have a stamping platform and that the card is butted up tightly to the edge so that when the script is overstamped it remains crisp.
I used salty ocean, mustard seed and picked raspberry distress ink, stamped and spritzed. Once dry I overstamped with same colours.


I dried it well and used an antistatic bag over it. I stamped angel in black archival and clear embossed. I coloured in trumpet with gold sparkle pen and used the clear one on the wings. So easy but very effective.
So once again I hope I left enough white space, hugs, Theresa xx.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simply less is more - stamp layering


10 comments:

  1. Fantastic use of stamp layering Theresa and I just love those vibrant and non-traditional colours for a Christmas card. Beautiful crisp stamping and a wonderful CAS design too. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful and vibrant CAS card Theresa and a great take on the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this! What a stunning design and creative use of inks and stamps. I think I must give this technique a go! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. glad to have inspired you xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous effect and I love the image with the carol words behind.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More and Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the rainbow coloured background. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cart CAS! You used beautiful techniques and did it perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us on Happy Little Stampers CAS.
    hugs,
    Bożena DT HLS CAS

    ReplyDelete