Sunday 17 September 2017

take flight

Hello again. I'm back with another Christmas card and once more it was inspired by The new LIM challenge. As soon as I read the theme, I pictured this in my head but wasn't sure it would work.


The good thing about it is that it uses very few 'ingredients'. The stamps are from Sheena Douglass 'A little bit Scenic' from a few years ago that was waiting patiently to be used. The moon is from Lavinia stamps.

I found that the Tim Holtz stamping tool was really useful here. (I'm using it more and more). I stamped the roofs and Santa in versamark ink and clear embossed with detail powder. The sentiment was embossed in white detail. For the moon, I used snow cap adirondak pigment ink and I overstamped it several times (hence why the tool is so important). I then added highlights and stars with a white gel pen. Finally, I added some iced snow by creative expressions for a bit of sparkle. And voila'... What do you think? I was really pleased with it, hugs Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

HLS September Christmas challenge - anything goes with a twist: sparkle


18 comments:

  1. What an amazing scene you have created Theresa and the black and white theme is very elegant. I think that maybe this is a little busy for our CAS tastes at Less is More (I only got away with my card this week as the bottom half was unstamped and unembellished - you know how we love our clear, open space!) However I can see that a lot of work went into this stunning piece and I'm so glad that you gave us a chance to see it at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an amazing scene you have created for your card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love non-traditional colour Christmas cards and I have to say I LOVE this card! All the details (overstamping, gel pen, sparkle) you put into it worked beautifully to create this magical scene. Love, love, love it. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an artistic card...love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply awesome Theresa. A beautiful scene and in such non traditional colours which I love. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Happy Little Stampers for our September Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great effects from the glossy black and the white accents. A super make.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous scene - very artsy! I love it. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I somehow missed this card but had to comment as it is gorgeous and love the black with the white highlights from the light of the moon on the rooftops and the sleigh. A wonderful Christmas nighttime scene Theresa. x

    ReplyDelete