Friday 3 March 2017

Anniversary of Ordination

Hello and welcome to another Fussy and Fancy Challenge. This week our challenge is being hosted by Jay and she chose "anything goes" as a theme.


Recently our parish priest celebrated the 40th anniversary of ordination and this is the card that I made for him.
For the background, I started by printing the sentiment on a piece of Sheena stamping card.I then trimmed it and faux letterpressed it. Using one of Sheena's embossing folders ( sorry can't remember name), I inked it with squeezed lemonade and fired brick distress ink. Then I put the card with the sentiment in and embossed it. I then inked around edges with walnut stain to darken them.


The main image comes from a set of Holy Communion stamps. I stamped it in watering can archival ink and coloured it in with my Faber Castell polychromos.
I die cut it using a Sue Wilson pierced circle die. I die cut a mat out of burgundy card and edged it with a gold pen.


I assembled card as shown and then for a final embellishment I die cut a burgundy cross by Spellbinders. A few card candi in the opposite corner finish the card off.


For the inside I printed a sentiment off the internet that I felt was very apt for Fr Bob. And that, my friends, is my offer for today.
Now it is over to you. Remember it is anything goes. See you on the other side, Hugs Theresa xx.



2 comments:

  1. A wonderful card to celebrate this milestone of your parish priest. I love that background, it really draws the eye in. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pat. that was the plan exactly and also i thought it looked a bit like sun's rays xx

      Delete