Wednesday 20 July 2016

things with wings

Hello my friends. I won't be very active over the next couple of weeks as being on hols I am not crafting. However I managed to find a card that I hadn't blogged that fit a challenge. 



This was a commissioned card  and the stamps and layout etc were pre- determined to match a previous card I'd made but in different colours. The stamps are all from Stampendous.
I triple embossed the tag in clear UTEE and stamped the spring bouquet in Black archival while it was still warm and molten. I also added some glitter and mica pieces from the stampendous jewel kits.


I stamped the butterfly twice on black card and clear embossed them. I painted them in with acrylic paints, using the same ones in the background. I fussy cut them and then cut out the front wing only off the second one to add more dimension.


I stamped the black base card with a couple of flourishes using white and gold acrylic paint.
Then I added ribbon and twine to tag and fixed the butterfly with the wings proud to give the illusion of flying.
I attached it to base card and added the sentiment that was a die cut from Kanban - an old QVC kit in the time of Dawn Bibby.
Hugs, Theresa xx.


I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Twofers Challenge - these are a girl's best friend: flowers and butterflies


12 comments:

  1. Love the freedom in this with the swirls and the gold overlay ....very effective it's a lovely card Theresa and love the Stampendous stamps you have used xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Theresa, love all the stamps you have used and the tag is wonderful, love the technique used, it looks great.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I've not done any UTEE for ages, and this makes me feel like dashing through to the craft room and doing some right away! Thanks for sharing at Twofers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black, white and gold is a wonderful combination Theresa and the background complements that pretty glittery tag with the gold and white ribbon. A beautiful creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card using 'old' stack in new ways is always satisfying. Really admire the way you have used everything here to make a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Twofers. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Happy Weekend to you. Judy x

    ReplyDelete