Monday 28 March 2016

Harriet


 Hello again my friends. Today I'm sharing a feminine card with you that utilizes a colour that doesn't feature very often in my crafting. Can you guess which one that may be?.....
Those that know me can clearly see that it is the pink......


I knew which image I wanted to use and I decided I wanted to use a tag as well. So I started with a size 8 manila tag and spritzed it with worn lipstick and hickory smoke distress spray. Once dry I distressed the edges with pumice stone, hickory smoke and black soot.
I then stamped the large Harriet in black archival ink. I die cut the TH beehive in the corner and mounted a piece of patterned paper behind it.


I stamped Harriet again onto white card and then onto 3 different patterned papers. Her face and arms are coloured in with a damp brush and tattered rose distress ink. I versamarked her shoe and clear embossed it. I cut her out and different bits of her dress and hat from the papers and paper pieced her. I love doing this with the ladies as it adds so much dimension and I can give them different patterned dresses every time.
I stuck her onto tag.


The rest of the card is padding to frame it. I used the same 3 patterned papers for everything and then the base uses the same paper as I added to base of tag, trying to make everything tie in.
The die is a spellbinders one from a heartfelt creations set.
The sentiment is stamped in black archival ink and clear embossed and die cut using a TH die from the tag set. I inked it slightly before removing it from die.
Various ribbons and twines, pearls and card candy finish the card off.
Both stamps are from Claritystamp Ltd.
And that is my finished card. I hope you like it. I know the recipient loved it, Theresa xx.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Claritystamp blog challenge - all about the girls
Simon says stamp Monday challenge - We can see clearly (pink is clearly a colour I                                                                                                              don't like much)



24 comments:

  1. Very nice work all goes together Well good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paper piecing on an equally great background. Best wishes in the Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow . What an awesome piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful entry for this month's Clarity Challenge Theresa - personally I love the pink/turquoise combination :-)....All colours welcome! Wishing you luck in this month's Challenge and thank you for sharing your artwork with us x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Theresa, wonderful. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous with so much detail Theresa and the pink looks great with the pretty teal blue and love all the embellishments too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's actually gray! my photography leaves a lot to be desired! thanks Pat xx

      Delete
  8. Theresa this is a super way of showcasing Harriet. I really like the colour combination too. Great job! Thanks for joining the challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bold, dramatic and utterly fabulous; I love it Theresa. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i wanted it to be bold. thanks Barbara xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely card design Theresa. Good luck in the Claritystamp challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card! Love the beautiful embellishments and colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is fabulous Theresa! I love the colour combination, all the layers and the beautiful embellishments and fibres that you've used are the perfect finishing touch...it really is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Emma. it was a bit tongue -in-cheek entering the challenge, hugs xx

      Delete