Monday 21 December 2015

Christmas wreath ....

Hello friends. Finally I can share this with you as the recipient has received it. It is now hanging in front of her mirror.


The blank wreath was made of thick grey mountboard which I gessoed. I then painted with ice blue chalk paint and once dry I went over it with a generous coat of pva glue. Once it had started to set I painted over with a mixture of chalk and metallic white paint. As it dries it crackles. I do love watching it, the proverbial watching paint dry but this is interesting. I wanted it to have an icy snowy feel to it, hence the colour choices.


I then die cut several poinsttias using Sheena's perfect partner dies, out of Papermania gold capsule collection. I also cut some ivy out of white card. Once cut i stamped them with the respective samps using potting soil archival ink for poinsettias and olive green for ivy. 
I inked round the edges of flowers with walnut stain and spritzed them with water and shaped them.
I painted ivy with aqua tints and shaped it and left to dry.


I assembled the flower and added the little clusters as centres. I also went round all the edges of poinsettias in cosmic shimmer glue and sprinkled them with iced diamond sprinkles.


I went over the painted wreath with beaded glitter gel and added some more micro beads in clear, gold and turquoise. 
Once dry I added the fibres and then assembled flowers and ivy as shown. I also dded some gold and red berries. 
A piece of twine as a hangar was the last thing I added.


I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:

Mixed Media World - inspirational image 
Card and scrap - anything goes




23 comments:

  1. Ooh that's a beautiful wreath Theresa, well done! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... So pretty. Happy Christmas Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Theresa - I'll bet the recipient was thrilled with it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wreath Theresa! I love the whole design of this and I am sure whoever received this LOVES it! WOW!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty Theresa and I love the colour combination. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Theresa. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2016.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful :-) Love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Good luck !!

    Astrid DT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Could you email me please Theresa? StampinDiva at yahoo dot com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh! This is wonderful! Each flower is a work of art. So pretty! Thank you for sharing your wreath with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was a pleasure visiting your blog. Hugs, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so beautiful.♥
    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Hugs Line.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. Thank you for joining us att Mixed Media World

    ReplyDelete