Friday 5 June 2015

sail away ....

Hello again. Today I am sharing with you the card I made for my father's birthday. I made this back in March as my father's birthday is in April. In fact this was also the first time I had used abandoned coral and I fell in love with the colour.


On a piece of 7x7 gelli card I stamped the image in black archival ink and heat embossed with clear detail powder. I masked image off and worked on background.
I masked off a moon, well sun in this case, and created a sunset with distress inks and brushes. I can't remember all colours but definitely abandoned coral and tumbled glass.
Then I removed mask and coloured in sun with mustard seed, wild honey and abandoned coral.
For the sea I used tumbled glass and possibly stormy sky.


Then I coloured main image with spectrum noir pencils. I glazed the boat and sails with clear embossing powder and a versamark pen. I think you can get a glimpse of it in one of the pics but it is difficult to photograph.
Then I used the rope stencil and used grunge paste to add some texture to the picture. Once dry, I sanded it lightly to get it as smooth as possible. Again I colored it in with spectrum noir pencils.


I hope you like my card and I do appreciate all your comments. I try and answer each one but somewhere I've read that you are not notified of responses, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Claritystamp challenge - boys, boys, boys
Fussy and fancy challenge - fun in the sun
TTCRD - anything goes
Fat-tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist: one layer
Sisteract card challenge - anything goes



32 comments:

  1. What an intricate image! Love how you showcase it! Beautiful job! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make It Masculine” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Theresa very beautifully coloured and shaded xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic artwork, love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Theresa and I love the texture with the grunge paste and embossed boat - it looks fab!
    Lovely to see your entry and thank you for joining in with this month's challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and colours it is lovely I must add this stamp to my wish list. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your card Theresa! Beautiful texture I love the rope and your colouring and masking! Fantastic Father's Day card! Thank you for participating in TTCRD challenge this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa - another stunner from you - just lovely and I love the rope. Good luck and thanks for entering xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rope shading is superb, Theresa and I love how you have incorporated different textures into the card but still allowing it to retain its delicate appearance. Good luck with the Clarity Challenge! ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa your card is lovely, particularly the shading on your rope. Thank you for entering the Clarity challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fabulous Theresa! Love your colouring and inking and that rope stencil is great! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy. yes that stencil is fab xx

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful sunset you've created Theresa with gorgeous colours. Great 3d effect on the rope too. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your work one of my favourite stencils like the way you have used it the colours are great with the stamp work good luck clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this one Theresa ( I like all your work though) but I especially like the sails and the rope in this one. Wishing you the best in your challenges and thank you for sharing it with us at Claritystamp Challenge Blog. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma. and thank you for being a fan of my work xx

      Delete
  14. Lovely card Emma, such beautiful colouring and the rope makes a great frame. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lesley but it's my card rather than Emma's xx

      Delete
  15. Brilliant work Theresa, really clever idea. I love the embossing on the boat.
    Thanks for sharing on you blog and for entering the Claritystamp challenge.
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there Theresa, sorry I'm late, just back from holidays. A truly stunning card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks Naomi. hope you had a great time xx

    ReplyDelete