Wednesday 24 June 2015

feathers....

Hello again. It's been a good few days since my last blog. The days are flying by.....
On Sunday it was my friend's 40th and this is the card I made for her.


I started with a piece of centura pearl card and using the matte side I stamped the feathers in versamark and clear embossed. This creates a resist for the next part.
Then I inked background with distress inks. I used chipped sapphire, stormy sky, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers and evergreen bough.


Then using same inks and splats from the texture set, I added first and second generation images to background. I also used the text stamp which I held in my hand to stamp randomly across background.




 I stamped the 2 large feathers on a separate piece of card in cobalt archival ink. I coloured them in with distress markers: squeezed lemonade, evergreen bough an peacock feathers.
I fussy cut them and 'feathered' them as much as I dared.
I stamped sentiment in cobalt blue and die cut it.
Finally I mounted the card as shown. Some ribbon. twine and pearls finish it off.
All the stamps are from Sheena Douglass.



So I hope my friend liked my effort and if you do too I'd love to read what you think, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes
Fat-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist: a touch of summer (blue and                                                                                                                  yellow..... sea and sun)
Sister act card challenge - anything goes



20 comments:

  1. I love the colors you put together for your feathers, Theresa! I'm sure your friend was thrilled with this card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Adore those feathers and the background is incredible xx
    Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
    xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
    ❤My Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design perfect for our challenge
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely feather card thanks for sharing with FTT Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background and loving the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card gorgeous stamping and colours xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, the feathers are amazing, great colours and your fussy cutting is superb xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Zoe. that is fab feedback coming from someone who was an inkoid xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sister Act and good luck! Maria DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 91 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for participating at TTCRD challenge this week with your lovely card Hope to see you in the next challenge too.// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete