Thursday 28 May 2015

choo choo.....


 Well i'm back with another male card. This was the one I made for my FIL. I must admit I really enjoyed making this especially the colouring bit.



On a piece of white card i stamped the main image in black archival ink. Then I added the 2 balloons.


Then I coloured it in using distress pens and a damp brush. I tried to give it an oldy worldy look as I think this really fits this image.


I then inked around the outside edges with chipped sapphire and black soot. This helps to lighten the main image.


The sentiment is from one of the sets. this time I stamped it in black and clear embossed it to give it an enamel - look reminiscent of the plaques at old train stations.
And it was as easy as that.


I do hope you like it. Thanks for all your comments, Theresa xx.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes
Sisteract challenge - anything goes
Sunday stamper - free theme




16 comments:

  1. Loveit . Males are so hard but you have nailed it again xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab... anything with a train on it is going to be a winner for me... I especially love how you coloured the engine and tender, they look really realistic... Thanks for joining in with the sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Hels. i should have thought about that. but it never crossed my mind xx

      Delete
  3. I love this image Theresa and I agree with Hels that your colouring is brilliant. Hope you and the family are keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Yvonne. and yes we are especially as on hols at the mo xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous, I totally agree with Hels - brilliant colouring.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a male....love to you and all your family.....hope Massimo enjoys his weekend...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jo. we are all hoping so .... xx

      Delete
  6. Theresa, this is a great "guy" card - very artistic. Your special touches make it look fabulous! Thank you for joining us for the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great scene and lovely coloring! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete