Tuesday 12 May 2015

rain ....

Hello back again. Hopefully it is a much shorter post. Yesterday I was looking at the Less is more challenge and I got this image in my head and needed to get it down on paper. I hope I left enough white space this time..... 


So i stamped umbrella man in black archival. Then I stamped sentiment in same ink and clear embossed it.


Then I used the faded dots stencil by Tim Holtz and inked versamark through it and clear embossed it. I think this resembles rain.


Using ink splats stencil and tumbled glass distress ink i sponged some ink through to resemble puddles.
Finally I used the water drops from Designs by Ryn to add an accent in lower corner.


And there it is. I managed to get it out my head. I do hope you like it, Theresa xx.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes

14 comments:

  1. You've created a fantastic card with a great take on our water challenge Theresa, however it's one layer week and I think you may have matted your watery panel on extra layers which would mean we can't accept it as a one layer card. I'm so sorry as your card is brilliant otherwise and I do hope you'll play along again. Sarah, Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh well i give up. i never get your challenges. and i'm sure others have matted theirs too. never mind xx

      Delete
  2. Dear Theresa I love it!Wonderful compostion of the stamps and the background embossing texture, love the droplets below too.
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Theresa, I like this image very much! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooer missus I be liking this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Linda. i knew i could count on you xx

      Delete
  5. Great composition, I love Umberella man, he's quite an iconic TH image, the stencilling in the tumbled glass is a clever idea and certainly does look like rain xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Zoe. i love umbrella man. have him in a few sizes xx

      Delete
  6. Some great elements here and I love your idea of using the splats stencil to create your puddles. But as mentioned by Sarah, one layer means your design should be on your card base with no other layers.
    Thanks for sharing with us and hope to see you in the gallery again.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete

  7. What a lovely card.Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete