Tuesday 19 May 2015

doodle pantry and digi stamps.....

Hello there. As they say there is a first time for everything and this is the first time for me with digi stamps. Through the Craft Room Door challenge blog gave me the opportunity to be a guest designer for them and the sponsor is Doodle Pantry. They have tons of images but I went for the Old Ship as I wanted to make father's day cards.


So above is the first card I created after I had printed off the images. This was the outline stamp which I coloured with distress markers. I used mermaid lagoon for the sea, abandoned coral for flag and fossilized amber for ship and sails.


I used 4 images to build up the layers. I don't know if you can see, but i slit along the waves and slotted in the first image to give a more realistic picture.
Then I cut less and less for each layer to give dimension. I shaped sails around my fingers before sticking them down with pinflair glue gel.


The background paper is included in image, I just cut it to size. The ship's wheel is a couture die.
The sentiment I printed off on word and cut in banner style.
Some matting, pearls and screw headed brads finish the card off.

I was quite inspired by this image and so far I have made 3 cards from the set.


I do hope you like my offering and I do read all your comments, Theresa xx

Please join us in this challenge. You can find the link here. The winner will get some images from doodle pantry. From what I have seen they are very good quality and print to a high resolution, so you will really enjoy using them.


These are the other 2 cards I made from the same set. I will be blogging them asap.

8 comments:

  1. Well this is very different for you Theresa but I like it. Great shading on the ship, great idea to cut into the waves too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda. it was an opportunity to be a guest designer on a blog and i took it xx

      Delete
  2. I am just in awe with your ship! Just amazing considering this is your first time using a digital image. Thank you so much for being our Guest this week at Through The Craft Room Door .
    Warm Regards, Cara
    TTCRD Owner
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Cara. i enjoyed being your guest xx

      Delete
  3. WOW what a gorgeous colored ship, and the card with decoration is an amazing Father's day creation!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a nautical card that contained a ship with three-dimensional/pop-out sails--how awesome is this card!!! Everything you did with this card created perfection.

    ReplyDelete