Friday 8 May 2015

books and music .....

Hello there. Today I'm back with a card that I made some time ago now. It was for my older son's birthday but it seems I had forgotten to blog it. 
Anyhow it features 2 of the things that he really enjoys, reading and music (he plays the piano).


I stamped the books on white card in black archival, and heat embossed. I then coloured with distress inks and a damp brush in several colours. I added some gold pen to some spines to enrich the books. I fussy cut image.


I stamped ink well in black archival and masked it off. I then stamped feather and clear embossed it. Again I added colour with distress inks and added glossy accents to ink well. Once dry, I fussy cut it.


 Then I distressed a piece of music paper, added masks where I wanted the images to be, and inked shadows.
Then I added image with pinflair glue gel to give some dimension.
Sentiment was stamped on music paper and cut out with a spellbinders die and inked while still in die.
Images are all from Sheena's range while sentiment is from Claritystamp.


My son was thrilled with his card. I hope you like it too, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes
Sister act card challenge - anything goes


14 comments:

  1. What a great card Theresa, inspired idea to mask off the image shapes o you could add the shadows and the piano keys strip is anothèr nice touch xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I do try and think of different ways to do things ☺️xx

      Delete
  2. Great card, the books really look 3D! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wendy. That is what I wanted to achieve ☺️ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, great composition xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, love the dimension you've created, very clever xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great card! I like the vintage/used look it has.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunner... love your card Theresa... sorry I am so late visiting your beautiful entry... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no probs Hels. just glad you did and thanks for the comments xx

      Delete