Monday 11 May 2015

birds and flowers ...............

Hello my friends. Today I'm back with my first mother's day card. At home this is always the 2nd Sunday of May. This is my mum's card.


I started with a piece of linen card as I wanted to emulate the canvas look. Then I used Fresco paints and a brayer to create background. I used several colours including chocolate brown, space cadet, cheesecake, blush, guacamole and probably some others.


Once dry, I used grunge paste and a couple of stencils. While still wet I added tarnished gold and gold detail embossing powder to some of the grunge paste as I wanted to achieve a distressed look. When paste was dry I heat embossed it.


While waiting I set about the flowers. I stamped in black archival and coloured them by using he solid stamps and distress inks. This makes for quick colouring.
After fussy cutting them, I added distress glitter to centres.


For the birds I glued a piece of dictionary paper from basill basics to kraft card to make it sturdy, and stamped birds in Black archival twice. I decoupaged the wings and coloured with same paints as background . I fussy cut them and stuck them to background with pinflair glue gel for dimension. I added glossy accents to their eyes.

I assembled the flowers in 2 opposing corners and added some leaves. I distressed leaves by adding some embossing powder to them.
Then I stamped the sentiment on kraft card, cut out in a banner fashion and added faux stitching.
I then matted and layered and attached to kraft card.



I do hope you like my offering today. My mum sure did, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

TTCRD - anything goes
Sister act card challenge - anything goes
Sunday stamper - create a topper


24 comments:

  1. Wow, superb card, love it a lot, great tutorial too, thank you xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Theresa, and perfect for special Mum...I do love these birds...and you have used them to perfection....hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. one of your makes did act as an inspiration for this xx

      Delete
  3. A perfect card for a perfect lady Theresa xxx So much work and love has gone into this Fabulous I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Theresa! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Theresa. A little bit grungy, but still so pretty too... perfect. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is gorgeous Theresa! Love your linen-look background, fab texture! Those little birds are so sweet. Not surprised your Mum loved it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy. it is just linen card from paper mill direct xx

      Delete
  7. so much detail - it's lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So amazing I'm fascinated.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is fabulous, Theresa. I'm sure your mother appreciates the amount of work you've put into this. Well worth it. I love all the different textures. Beautifully designed.
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Norma. she sure did and sid she will be framing it xx

      Delete
  10. GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete