Wednesday 6 May 2015

abandoned coral and jumbo poppy.....

Hello again. Today I have a small canvas for you that I have made for a friend of mine that loves poppies. However her birthday is at the end of the month so I need to hide it and make sure I don't post it on social media.....


So I started with a 6x6 canvas. The diamonds and ovals are 'waste' from a die that I had cut earlier. I triple mounted each for dimension and then attached to the canvas. Then I gessoed it 3 times for good coverage.


I then set about making the flower. It is the jumbo poppy by Stampendous. I stamped it in versamark and embossed it in black. I did several layers to decoupage it.


I coloured the flower with abandoned coral distress paint and added darker shading with barn door. For the centre I used shabby shutters and forest moss paints.





I assembled it and left it to dry. I then spritzed canvas with black dylusions and fossilized amber distress spray stain. I also added a little spritz of biscotti perfect pearls for a little bit of sparkle.



Once the flower was dry, I spritzed it with spray and shine to bring out the shine and give it more durability.
I left it to dry and added some shadow underneath the raised areas. I went round the outside edges with black soot distress paint and finally added ruby treasured gold and renaissance pebeo gilding wax.
Finally I attached flower to canvas and added some black swirls for some extra flourish.

 

So I really hope she will like her little pressie, Theresa xx

I would like to enter this canvas in the following challenges:

Simon says stamp Monday challenge - don't abandon the coral
TTCRD - anything goes
Simply less is more - opposite colours of the wheel : red and green

22 comments:

  1. Oh Theresa, this is fabulous. The way you have treated the Poppy makes it all really lush. A brilliant piece of artwork. Positive your friend will love it!!
    Best of luck in your challenges. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous work of art, that poppy is gorgeous. However, at Less is More we like to see more white space on our entries.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok Neeta. sorry will try and leave more white next time xx

      Delete
  3. You've created a stunning and eye-catching card Theresa and thanks so much for explaining the technique. As Anita says we do prefer a little more white space on our CAS cards but thanks so much for sharing it. Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sazzle and i apologize for linking xx

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful and I'm sure you'll friend will treasure it. It really makes me think about how I approach a design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a beautiful flower and a brilliant coloring!
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. IMHO this is way better than anything "less is more." Fascinating technique--I've not seen anything quite like it, and a really lovely gift sure to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This canvas is so eye catching and so beautiful, Theresa! The poppy makes such a statement and you've given the whole piece such wonderful dimension ~ a fabulous piece of artwork! Thank you for sharing your lovely project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma. I enjoy your challenge blog although i do miss some weeks xx

      Delete

  8. What a fab work of art.Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this poppy x A sublime piece of artwork Theresa you have excelled xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Theresa! Your poppy is stunning! What a lovely gift. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so lovely Theresa, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning, very lucky friend to receive such a beautiful gift xx

    ReplyDelete