Saturday 24 January 2015

things with wings ....


 Hello again. Today's offerings are 2 cards i made last Easter with the small blue tits and cherry blossom stamps from Claritystamp.
I thought of them after reading Barbara's blog earlier in the week.


I started by stamping cherry blossom branches on the top. Then i stamped feeder and the tits and masked them off. i then masked off a strip and stamped another cherry blossom branch below. I stamped in potting soil archival ink. Before removing mask i added some shadow with distress inks and a make up sponge.
The colouring was all done with distress markers and a damp brush.
I also inked some very faint clouds in background.


The sentiment is part word chains and part from a set of sentiments all from Claritystamp.
I added a squiggly line to add more definition. I drew a chain on the feeder so it hangs from branch. I matted on brown card and added some ribbon and voila'.


The second card utilizes same stamps but is in landscape. The area for sentiment is done by using a part of a tag stencil by Claritystamp and then I added eyelets where it had holes. I inked around all edges and matted and layered on matching card.


I also made a birthday card with the same stamps but i couldn't find the pictures.

I do hope you like my offerings, Theresa xx

I would like to enter these card in the following challenges:

Clarity stamp challenge - things with wings
TTCRD - anything goes
Sister act card challenge - anything goes
Fussy and fancy challenge - things with wings

36 comments:

  1. What beautiful colouring and composition Therese, and there is a real feeling of movement around the feeder. Thanks for entering the challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HiTheresa. This is so pretty, and very effective! The shadows you have drawn on the birds really made them 3-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much. that was exactly the intention xx

      Delete
  3. So beautiful, Theresa ... I love these bluetit stamps and I love the way you have used them. thank you so much for entering the Wings and Things challenge over at Fussy & Fancy and good luck xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done here Theresa, these cards have a great vintage look. Just beautiful. Thanks for entering this month's Claritystamp challenge, and good luck. Xxxu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Theresa, lovely cards,beautiful colouring. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours on this card. Beautiful, Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful colouring, Theresa! Good luck with Challenge 23. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice card for Easter love these stamps can do so much with them as you have here good luck in Clarity challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards for Easter Theresa - love these little birds! Good luck in the Clarity Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card :)
    I love the colors and the vintage look.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito
    Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card it's like a work of art. Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and colours good luck in the challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some beautiful colouring here Andrea. Love the way you have drawn the chain, it really gives the impression the birds are swinging on the feeder. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lesley. my name is Theresa though ;) xx

      Delete
  15. Fantastic work as always Theresa, love your layout and your colouring is fab...the birds look so real...hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Theresa love everything about it. love the shading and your colouring. Good luck and thanks for entering the Claritystamp Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card and great job will all the masking! Thank you for joining us at the Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous cards, I need those stamps!! The cherry blossom is just so pretty.. and I need those little blue tits, so cute! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete