Monday 20 October 2014

sketch challenge

Hello there. This topper is one I've been wanting to create for ages. 
This time I have really cut it fine for this challenge. So I'd better stop waffling and get on with it.



The challenge was to create a card following the sketch below.



So I prepared main topper first. I stamped images, that are all from IndigoBlu, on acetate. I heat set them as I used heat resistant acetate and stuck it on a double sided sheet of adhesive. I cut a circle from the backing and stuck it back down again. I used distress glitters to colour the moon, rock candy and pumice stone for clouds. I lifted rest of backing off and filled in the rest of the sky using blues.



Next I created the other panel of card. I stamped it all over with small Christmas imges using Adirondak snowcap white. Then I put thin double sided tape all around and glittered it with a mixture of all the glitters that I had used on topper.


The base card is A5 linen card that i brushed with distressed inks. I stuck black card down and then the silver ribbon. Finally I added the topper which I lifted on foam pads.

As usual I do hope you like my make, Theresa xx





I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

IndigoBlu - a sketch

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful ...... love that sparkly sky! Thank you for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Theresa, well done. Thank you for joining us again this month at Indigoblu, always good to see your work. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nikki. i'd made the topper and black card some 3 weeks ago but for some reason just couldn't assemble it xx

      Delete
  3. Theresa this is fabulous i love that topper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Theresa, you have such fab ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the sparkle of the night sky. Very pretty, Theresa! Thank you for sharing your art with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete