Sunday 15 June 2014

Sweetlilac flowers Challenge - summer

 Hello crafters. Time is really flying and it is time for a new challenge over at Sweet lilac. The theme this time is summer. Here is my project for this month.
Last week it was my son's confirmation and so i decided to make this card for him.



I started by making background. I stamped the dove from Claritystamp first in black archival and clear embossed. I added a hint of colour with distress markers and then went over image with a versamark pen and clear embossed. I went over it a second time and re-embossed to give a smoother finish. i went around dove with tumbled glass marker to create a shadow. 
Then I used the stencil from the woodpecker lesson again from claritystamp and using the stencil brushes from clarity stamp i inked the hills with shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks. I stamped the trees ( new NDC stamp from Clarity) in fern green archival ink. The sun was created by inking through stencil with scattered straw and mustard seed. Then i lifted stencil and inked lightly to remove whiteness with what was left on brush.
 .


To create upper card I die cut a window with a spellbinders die and also cut the fancy lattice from white card. I attached it to aperture. I stamped sentiment in black archival using the letterbox kit from  Claritystamp. Then I added the ivy. I inked through a stencil using shabby shutters and then added clear iridescent paste. I had to do this in stages and wait for it to dry in between as the stencil was narrow.


I then assembled the card and added blooms and leaves from Sweetlilac flowers along windowsill. i finished card off with some pearls.
Finished card is 8x8.


As usual I hope you like my offering. Please join us over at the Sweet lilac Blog challenge and don't forget that the winner gets a hamper of gorgeous flowers, Theresa xx




8 comments:

  1. Morning Theresa, I love this card it is so beautiful. I hope you all had a lovely day...such a special time....for you and your family.
    The Sweet Lilac flowers are the perfect embellishment....hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. it was a lovely day bar the rain..... hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Theresa. I love the lattice window and the flowers on the windowsill. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is stunning WOW I love it the lattice window cut out is wonderful and the whole effect just goes so well together. Really a card to treasure. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernie. I know you're biased ;) xx

      Delete
  5. This is stunning Theresa, love the gorgeous lattice window.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete