Monday 9 June 2014

painty outdoors.....

Hello my friends. It's been a while since I blogged but I have been quite busy. My older boy had his Confirmation on Saturday and my brother was over along with his family as he was the sponsor. So no time for any crafting alas.


This card was born from a gelli print made using acrylic paints. One of those that you keep for whenever, just in case. I was rummaging through my pile of prints when this yellow one caught my attention. 


So I stamped the image in black archival ink. The stamp is from paperartsy. I inked it with stencil brushes using old paper and antique linen to remove the starkness of the white. i then distressed edges and inked with walnut stain.


Next i used a Tim Holtz fading embossing folder and embossed a piece of black card/ i highlighted embossing with renaissance gold gilding wax.


Then i turned to the base card. Using the rest of the stamps from the set, i stamped randomly with various distress inks. I also inked it with old paper and stencil brushes.
Then it was time to turn my attention to the sentiment. I wanted to use the font in happy but didn't have rest of sentiment in it. So after creating background with same stamps and brown distress inks I got to work on the sentiment. Happy was 1 stamp. Father is a composition a few stamps and the 'f' is drawn freehand. The 'd' in day is also freehand and ay come from birthday.
I distressed edges and added some renaissance gold gilding wax and mounted on black card.
I finished card off by adding some cosmic shimmer pva dots in olympic gold and chocolate brown.

As usual I hope you like my make, Theresa xx

I would like to enter the card in the following challenges:

Fussy and fancy challenge - outdoors
Simon says stamp monday challenge - paint
Simon says stamp wednesday challenge - father's day/ masculine

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Theresa, love the image and fabulous papers and background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I made all the papers myself. they all started as white card xx

      Delete
  2. That background worked a treat Theresa, great card. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Theresea this is amazing, that Gelli-plate print is just perfect for that fabulous car, oh I love this card, xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Theresa :-) the whole design is brilliant and I love the gelli printing :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Theresa, first of all love to all the family and I bet you have had a great time. Your card design is fab and great use of Gelli prints.
    Hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo. and yes we had a great time xx

      Delete
  6. Another fabulous piece of artwork Theresa ~ I love the design of the card and adore how you created the background with the Gelli Plate...just wonderful! Thank you for sharing this project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Your comments are greatly appreciated especially when i know what you create xx

      Delete
  7. I love this one Theresa! That Gelli print is perfect. Glad to hear you've been having some good family time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great Father's Day card Theresa. Love the background too. x

    ReplyDelete