Sunday 19 January 2014

happy birthday and faux decoupage

I got the inspiration for this card from Sue Wilson's blog. However the colour scheme started from a piece of grosgrain ribbon that I bought some time ago and never used. So brown and pink it was.



I started by stamping the sentiment from Clarity stamp in coffee archival and clear emboss twice. I die cut the small die first, laid it on the other one and when i had aligned it properly cut second larger die out. I attached the 2 dies with removable tape and stamped top and bottom with my favourite small leafy swirls in coffee archival. I cut another die in brown card and stamped leafy swirl on the other edges in versamark and brushed over in pink perfect pearls..
Next it was time to create background. I embossed a piece of brown card and went over it with gold gilding wax so it picked up embossing.
I stuck 2 thin pieces of pink card either side and hid join by brown ruched ribbon.



I attached the bow in corner and added a pearl embellishment coloured with gold alcohol ink as I did with hat pins. 3 pink gems finish the card. The base card is kraft card.
As always i hope you like what I have made. I do enjoy reading all your comments, hugs Theresa xx

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Theresa, as usual your cards and your ART make my heart sing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Gorgeous colours Theresa. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card , love pink and brown together and the touch of colour really finishes it off, must remember that tip x

    ReplyDelete