Monday 30 December 2013

wedding card

I wanted to make a card for a friend of mine who actually got married on saturday. Actually I didn't know much about the details of this wedding including the colour scheme. So I decided to play it quite safe and go for white and silver as I thought they would be quite neutral. So below is the card I made.


I started by folding an A4 sheet of centura card a hint of sliver in half creating an A5 card. Then using a heart die-lite i created cut-out heart on left. I stamped the sentiment from Claritystamp in versamark and embossed in silver. I cut out a heart from silver mirri board and attached next to other. See pic below.


I then cut out sprigs from another die-lite set in silver mirri. I attached some white lace on lower edge of card and attached some silver ribbon on upper edge of lace o cover attachment area. I then made a triple bow from same ribbon and attached it below sentiment. I tucked sprigs underneath bow and added 2 pearl stick pins. I covered knot with a pearl botton and finished card with some pearl flourishes.

The recipients loved their cards and I hope that you do as well and would be so kind as to let me know what you think, Theresa xx




4 comments:

  1. Lovely Theresa and what a great bow. Sure it was well received x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the very clean lines and the way the silver heart pops out at you. great bow (I'm crap at them) Lovely delicate touches Theresa. xx Happy New Year to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. The bows are copied off Sue Wilson's blog http://particraft.blogspot.com/ i follow it regularly and if you like spellbinders it's a fountain of inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was extremely well received... thanks Theresa for this lovely card we love it!

    ReplyDelete