Monday 14 October 2013

happy birthday son!


 Well tomorrow is my older boy's birthday. He has reached the grand old age of 11. This is the card i made for him. As he loves music and singing i thought it only befitting to follow the theme, quite a simple card really.

I embossed white card from both sides of am mbossability folder and inked with black soot distress ink to bring out embossing. For the main imge I went onto clipart free images and printed an image off. I was quick enough with embossing powder so managed to clear emboss it too! Coloured in with promarkers and die cut with spellbinders circles. Matted on scalloped circles which was coloured with promarker as didn't have matching card.

I stamped sentiment along side of 8x8 base card in my beloved letterbox from Clarity stamp kit using teal memento ink. The number is again stamped from number kit again by Clarity stamp in geranium archival ink and clear embossed. Cut with spellbinders and matted as topper.embossed mat was matted on matching red card and join hid by the strip of red.

I hope you like it. He loved it and said it was great.

Below are the invites that I made for his party.


They are A6 in size and very quick to make. i spritzed base card with perfect pearls mists, I used biscotti, a brown, a bronze and a gold. I stamped in espresso archival ink after i dried them up with heat gun. Stamps are from Tim Holtz and some from Sam Poole.


I'm aware this is a longish post. Hope you don't get bored before you come to the end. Theresa xx





2 comments:

  1. Theresa your sons' card is ace love that clip art guy - just right for a young lad and his invites are great too that background is brill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Linda. I can always count on you for a nice comment. much appreciated xx

      Delete